Wednesday, November 24, 2010

TEMPTATIONS

For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.
                                                                                                                         Hebrews 2:18


Most gracious Lord!

I come to Your throne of Grace! Have mercy on me O Lord!

As the Scripture says when You were sojourning on this earth You went through the path of temptations. Hence You know my feelings, my weaknesses. You never forsake those who come to You, Master! I confess that I am weak to resist the temptations that come across my ways. I bow before You in all humility and with a contrite heart.

Grant me Your strength, mercy and grace to overcome the temptation of this world. I know You sympathize with my weakness and so strengthen me O Lord! Take full control of my wandering thoughts. Let me look up to You alone and derive strength from You. Protect me and keep me away from satanic snares. I lean upon You because You alone can keep me from stumbling and preserve me clean. Come and reside in my whole being Lord for my body is Your temple. Cleanse me from all evil thoughts and let Your blood cover my entire body! Thank You for strengthening me O Lord! Let Your Still Small voice direct me in the path of righteousness! All glory be to You alone. In the most holy name of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ I pray.

                                                                                                                                                                        Amen.









No comments:

Post a Comment