Wednesday, November 24, 2010

CALAMITY

Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, On those who hope in His mercy,
To deliver their soul from death, And to keep them alive in famine.
The LORD is merciful and gracious, Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.

                                                                                                   Psalm 33:18, 19; Psalm 103:8.



Loving Saviour Jesus,

A single word from You can protect us from every perilous calamities since by Your word alone, the heavens, the earth and all living creatures were made. As the Bible says, "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man and in princes", I trust only in You Lord. Your word says, "those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing." I once again acknowledge that You who made a way for Your people through the Red Sea, You who stopped the rains for three years, You who rebuked the storms and walked on the sea, You are present today with the same authority and power to save us from this calamity.

Lord, if there be any unconfessed sin in my life, I confess them all to You and Lord, please forgive them for me. Help me to stand firm in You and to live a life pleasing to You hereafter. Wash me with Your blood that the sin may not be an obstacle for You to save me in this critical hour. Keep me as the apple of Your eye and build a hedge around me. You have promised, "Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me."

Father, I know that Your righteous right hand will protect us and keep us all safe from every disaster as You are our refuge and ever-present help in times of trouble. I praise You and thank You for Your loving-kindness.

                                                                                                                                                                        Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment